Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Who wants to mess with all those jars and bottles of condiments all over the table? Here is a great lunch or to-go dish that saves all that leftover clean-up and mess. You can make the filling ahead then assemble them when ready to cook at home, a picnic, or tailgate party. :)
- 8 hot dogs, chopped
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 -3 tablespoons pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon ketchup
- 8 ounces chili (choose your favorite)
- 12 hot dog buns
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together all ingredients except buns.
- Have 12 pieces of aluminum foil ready. Partially hollow out centers of buns.
- Fill each bun with hot dog mixture. Wrap in aluminium foil, sealing securely.
- Place on a cookie sheet and bake in a preheated 375 degree Fahrenheit oven for 20 minutes OR place on top rack of outdoor grill; cover grill and grill for 15 to 20 minutes.
I did the recipe for 4 hot-dogs. I used recipe#420923 instead of chili. Another time I'd like more spaghetti sauce in it and more cheese. Next time we'll grease the aluminium foil cause the cheese stuck to it. We cooked them on the bbq at low heat for 15 minutes. 2 were burned. So we won't do them on the bbq but I'll try in the oven. Thanks 2Bleu :) Made for PRMR tag game
2Bleu, you've done it again! Another great recipe. I made these with my husband in mind, but I really enjoyed them too. So easy to prepare as well. I cut the hot dogs in half the long way, then sliced off small peices. I used a full 15 oz. can of SPICY chili with beans, just because I didn't want to have any chili leftover. I'm glad I used the whole can...that's how I'll do it in the future as well. (Also stretches it to go a bit farther). Thanks for sharing this husband friendly, easy, tasty meal.
I enjoyed this using veggie hot dogs! I halved the recipe and served in buns. Thanks! Made for PRMR game.