Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I was always fond of hot dog, sweet corn pasta salads but i couldnt find any online. So i found a recipe that's pretty close to it, altered it a bit and... tadaa.. Enjoy :)
- 12 ounces pasta (penne or macaroni)
- 10 hot dogs
- 1 mayonnaise (i use Hellman's)
- 2 tablespoons mustard (yellow or dijon)
- 4 teaspoons red grape vinegar
- 2 cups sweet corn (canned)
- 1⁄4 cup yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon butter (optional)
- salt and pepper
- parmesan cheese (optional)
- Cook pasta/macaroni according to package directions after adding salt to the water before boiling it. Drain, add the butter and let it cool.
- Meanwhile, cook the hot dogs as desired (grilled, boiled or pan-fried). Cool enough to handle. Slice into circles. If small children will be eating, cut the circles in halves and quarters.
- Combine mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Mix them well.
- Place pasta, hot dog, onions, sweet corn in a large bowl.
- Pour dressing over the pasta and toss gently with two spoons until the pasta is fully covered with the dressing and all the ingredients are mixed well together.
- Chill for a couple of hours in the refrigerator before serving or over night.
- Add some grated parmesan before serving if you wish.
- Enjoy :).
Simple, quick and easy to cook receipe... and the most important... it's really DELICIOUS... I tried it with my friends and... WE LOVED IT... THANKS ;)