Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A stew/soup that kids go nuts over--and I have to admit it isn't half bad. ;)
Make and share this Hot Dog Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 10 hot dogs, sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (19 ounce) can split pea and ham soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of potato soup
- 2 cups water
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, drained
- Brown hot dogs in butter with thyme.
- Add soups.
- Gradually stir in the water.
- Then add tomatoes, and corn and heat until warm.
The aroma of the French thyme cooking in the butter was wonderful. Do brown the hot dogs as this helps the looks of this dish. I only used 1 1/2 cup of water as I wanted this to be thicker for the kids to eat. The kids cleaned up their bowls so I was happy. Thank you for posting. Made for *Zaar Cookbook Tag 2009* game