Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Yes, thats right...spaghetti is coming out of these hot dogs!!! I loved this recipe as soon as I saw it! Its such a cool idea! My kids loved this and it was fun to make! I served this with a cheddar cheese sauce, as you can see in my photo! You can use a cheese sauce from your favorite mac n' cheese recipe!
- 8 hot dogs
- 1⁄2 lb spaghetti
- cheddar cheese sauce, from your favorite mac n' cheese recipe
- Cut each hot dog into 8 equal pieces.
- Push 5 pieces of raw spaghetti into each piece of hot dog.
- Fill a 5 quart pot with water and let boil. Then add all the hot dog pieces that are skewered with the spaghetti. Let boil for about 7 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Prepare the cheese sauce. Add the hot dog spaghetti to the cheese sauce. Serve warm.
Fun and yummy! I'm sure we'll be making this again. Thanks for posting the recipe.
This one surprised me. Even awakened the child in me -- I LOVED it! So did my "Oscar Night" guests! This was fast, easy and delicious... and comforting. My grandmother used to make "Weenie-Mac" -- and this one brought me right there to Sunday dinner at grandma's. A definite keeper! I passed the recipe along, too! Thanks, LILLIANCOOKS! Made for PAC Spring 2011.