A different twist on the hotdog soup. This is a fast, fun and very kid friendly meal. I have my daughter help me make this and she feels proud that she 'cooked' a meal with me. And then she gets to sprinkle the parmesan cheese in the bowls. The cream cheese makes the soup creamy and smooth and gives it a 'comfort food' feeling (I use a non-dairy 'cream cheese'). And for us, this is salty enough, so I don't add salt. I like to serve this with warm biscuits. Perfect for on a cold winter evening. Enjoy! :-)
My Private Note
bowls o ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 onion, chopped small
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (8 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 8 ounces chicken broth
- 8 ounces water
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 (16 ounce) package frankfurters, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- parmesan cheese
- 1Place the onion and butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Slowly cook and stir until the onion is soft.
- 2Mix in the tomato sauce, chicken broth, water, mixed veggies,frankfurters and spices.
- 3Bring to boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- 4Add cream cheese and mix until well blended.
- 5Add cooked rice and simmer for 5 more minutes until warmed through.
- 6Remove bay leaf before serving.
- 7Scoop into soup bowls, sprinkle parmesan cheese on top and serve.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Dog Soup
Serving Size: 1 (328 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 431.1
- Calories from Fat 263
- Total Fat 29.2 g
- Saturated Fat 12.7 g
- Cholesterol 58.6 mg
- Sodium 1202.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 13.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: