1/6 Photos of Hot Dog Sandwich
We loved it when our mom made these for us when we were kids. It is a fun way to shake up how you serve a hot dog, brat, etc. Feel free to sub your favorite hot dog style meat/veg product like turkey dogs, veggie dogs etc.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare hot dogs according to package directions.
- 2Meanwhile, toast the bread in the toaster, or if you are grilling your hot dogs, put the bread on the grill for a minute or two on each side.
- 3Spread one piece of bread with ketchup.
- 4Place the cheese slice on a second piece of bread.
- 5When the hot dogs are ready, slice them down the center lengthwise, and then again horizontally. You will then have four pieces that should fit onto the bread next to one another.
- 6Place the hot dog on the bread with cheese.
- 7Add any other condiments you'd like at this point (I know we like it simple with just the cheese and ketchup!).
- 8Top with the second slice of bread.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Dog Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (109 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 328.5
- Calories from Fat 165
- Total Fat 18.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 32.9 mg
- Sodium 905.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 11.6 g