Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Okay, so this one isn't quite a Weight Watchers specialty...but it's delicious and filling on a cold day! Cheap, too. I use turkey dogs... Sauce recipe is below!
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 hot dogs
- 2 tablespoons chipotle peppers
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄4 cup whole milk or 1⁄4 cup cream
- 3 slices cheese
- 1 tablespoon flour
- Butter your hamburger buns. I tend to butter all my foods, the margarine adds a saucy texture and is low/calorie free!
- Slice your hot dogs diagonally, so they're really thin, like slices of lunch meat.
- Liberally sprinkle them with chipotle pepper and salt, as well as any other spices you like!
- Place each slice on the grill, making sure they won't fall through! I use my indoor grill for this, my George Foreman. You can use a pan or anything else that will press down on the slices.
- While the pieces are charring, (I like mine with lots of char marks and plumped up!) make the sauce. It's easy.
- Break the cheese into small pieces and put into a microwave safe bowl with the milk and flour.
- Microwave for 30 seconds to a minute, depending on your microwave oven.
- When sauce is done, pile buns with hot dog pieces and spoon the sauce over them OR mix hot dog pieces with the sauce and serve like that. A little sauce goes a long way!