Recipe by Chef Jean
In honor of National Hot Dog Month(July) I decided to make this up. It's pretty tasty, but definitely on the strange side. Might be a good way to get the kids to eat salad. Make sure not to use delicate lettuce for this salad.
- 4 hot dogs
- 283.49 g bag italian blend lettuce
- 1 white onion, small diced
- 1 stalk celery, small diced
- 236.59 ml cheese tortellini, cooked
- 59.14 ml spicy brown mustard
- 14.79 ml sour cream
- 14.79 ml red wine vinegar
- 14.79 ml mustard powder
- 4.92 ml black pepper
- 4.92 ml salt
- 118.29 ml vegetable oil
- 4 hot dog buns
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl whisk together the mustard, sour cream, vinegar, mustard powder, pepper and salt. Add oil in a slow, steady stream while whisking. Set aside.
- Seperate the buns, lay them on a baking sheet and spray with cooking spray. Season with salt and pepper and bake for about 5 minutes in a 350°F oven.
- Cut the hot dogs into rounds and sauté until lightly browned. Add the tortellini to the sauté pan and toss a few times.
- Still the onion, celery, hot dogs and tortellini into the dressing.
- Add the lettuce and toss until everything in coated.
- Serve with the toasted buns.