My sister-in-law's mom's recipe. Made it one year, all the jars lasted TWO - even with me giving to family!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop/Process cucumbers, onions and sweet peppers until they are smaller pieces.
- 2Put vegetable mix in large glass bowl (do NOT use metal) and add 1/4 cup pickling salt.
- 3Put in colander to drain overnight.
- 4In the morning, put mixture in a pot and cover with vinegar.
- 5To the pot, add turmeric, celery seed, flour and sugar.
- 6Cook over medium heat until thick (ABOUT 15-30 minutes); be sure to stir right to the bottom so it doesn't stick and burn.
- 7While relish is cooking, prepare your jars- sterilized and hot so when relish gets thick you can put them right in the jars.
- 8I honestly have NO idea how many jars this makes- I forget now- sorry.
- 9Times do NOT include overnight draining or jarring time.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Dog Relish
Serving Size: 1 (5459 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3419.3
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 28419.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 855.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 37.8 g
- Sugars 708.5 g
- Protein 38.2 g