Prep 1 hr
Cook 10 mins
it is good if you have lots of peppers & cukes in your garden, also it is "HOT" on sandwiches, hot dogs etc
- 8 large cucumbers
- 12 large onions
- 5 -6 red peppers
- 12 hot peppers, any kind (or more)
- 4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
- 1⁄4 cup dry mustard
- 6 cups white sugar
- 4 cups vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup white flour or 3⁄4 cup cornstarch
- Put through food chopper, handle with care wearing rubber gloves for the Hot peppers. Put in big bowl.
- Chop other peppers or put in food processor. Add to other peppers.
- Using food processor do both the cucumbers & onions, add to bowl.
- Add the 4 cups of water & soak for 2 hrs or overnight.
- Get jars & lids ready & steralized. ( I use jam, prego, alfredo jars that I saved over time they are just as good).
- Drain well using rubber gloves to sqeaze out as much water as you can. ( I use a salad spinner works really good).
- In a large pot dump mixture in then add the turmeric, celery seed & dry mustard, sugar & vinegar.
- Just bring to boil & add the cornstarch mixted with water to form a thick paste, pour over the mixture stirring regularly so it does not burn. Cook for 10 minute then put into hot steralized jars.