Recipe by Calee
I have tried a lot of relishes and this one is one that has been my all time favorite. Cucumbers, apples, cabbage, peppers and cauliflower.
Top Review by French Tart
Almost like my mum's mustard pickle or piccalili!! Great for grilled meats etc. I made it about a week ago - and it is nearly ready to use now - we tried some on grilled cheese today - needs to mature abit more, but is GOOD! I more or less halved the quantities - and managed to make it it with everything as stated. Thanks Calee - another good preserves recipe for me to keep! FT:-)
- 3 cucumbers, large unpeeled chopped
- 3 large onions, chopped
- 3 large apples, peeled chopped (I use Gala)
- 473.18 ml celery, finely chopped
- 1182.95 ml cabbage, finely chopped
- 709.77 ml cauliflower, finely chopped
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 44.37 ml pickling salt
- 29.58 ml dry mustard
- 78.07 ml flour
- 4.92 ml celery seed
- 709.77 ml sugar
- 3.69 ml turmeric
- 2.46 ml mustard seeds
- 709.77 ml vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor or blender, add all prepared vegetables. You want your vegetables to be very fine.
- In a large stainless steel bowl sprinkle salt over vegetables, top with water, let soak for 4 hours.
- Drain well, using a large strainer and the back of a large spoon, press out as much liquid as possible.
- Transfer to large stainless steel pot.
- In bowl mix together dry mustard, flour, celery seed, sugar, turmeric, mustard seed and vinegar, mix well. Add to vegetables.
- Cook on medium heat, stirring often, for 15 minutes.
- Process pints.