1/2 Photos of Hot Dog Relish
4 hrs 45 mins
I have tried a lot of relishes and this one is one that has been my all time favorite. Cucumbers, apples, cabbage, peppers and cauliflower.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cucumbers, large unpeeled chopped
- 3 large onions, chopped
- 3 large apples, peeled chopped (I use Gala)
- 2 cups celery, finely chopped
- 5 cups cabbage, finely chopped
- 3 cups cauliflower, finely chopped
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 3 tablespoons pickling salt
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 3 cups sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 3 cups vinegar
- 1In a food processor or blender, add all prepared vegetables. You want your vegetables to be very fine.
- 2In a large stainless steel bowl sprinkle salt over vegetables, top with water, let soak for 4 hours.
- 3Drain well, using a large strainer and the back of a large spoon, press out as much liquid as possible.
- 4Transfer to large stainless steel pot.
- 5In bowl mix together dry mustard, flour, celery seed, sugar, turmeric, mustard seed and vinegar, mix well. Add to vegetables.
- 6Cook on medium heat, stirring often, for 15 minutes.
- 7Process pints.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Dog Relish
Serving Size: 1 (4561 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 451.1
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2666.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 107.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 91.5 g
- Protein 4.3 g