Prep 2 mins
Cook 20 mins
A sandwich version of my mom's casserole.
- 2 slices whole wheat bread, lighty toasted
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- 4 tablespoons potato salad (use your favorite recipe)
- 2 hot dogs, sliced lengthwise
- 1 hard-boiled egg, thin sliced
- salt & pepper
- Lightly toast whole wheat bread. Spread one tablespoon butter on each slice of bread. Spread mustard on bottom slice of bread over butter.
- Either boil or microwave the hot dogs, can be sliced lenthwise prior to cooking. Layer the hot dog slices on the bottom slice of bread.
- Top the hot dog slices with potato salad and spread evenly.
- Layer hard boiled egg slices on top of potato salad.
- Season with salt & pepper to your liking. Top with other slice of bread. Cut in half on the diagonal and serve.
I love potato salad with hot dogs. My dad always ate them like that and it's so good!