Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Satisfying comfort food
- 4 cups left-over seasoned mashed potatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) package hot dogs, each cut into 4 pieces
- 1 (16 ounce) can sauerkraut, drained
- Spread half of mashed potatoes into bottom of a greased 2 1/2 qt.greased casserole.
- Top with half of hot dogs and half of sauerkraut.
- Repeat layers.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
I grew up with this. It was passed down by my Czech grandma. We put butter on top of the mashed potatoes so that they brown a little better.
Great combination of flavours. The first time I made this totally according to the recipe. 2nd time I put sauerkraut on the botton, then hotdogs, and potatoes on top. I thought the sauerkraut cooked more thoroughly this way.
This was a very yummy casserole. I put some velveeta cheese on top.