Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Inexpensive. Try with pepperoni or mushrooms, onion, green pepper, etc. Hmm, this could be popular with little ones...
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup pizza sauce
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 dash italian seasoning
- 3 hot dogs, cut in 1/2 inch slices
- 1⁄4 cup ripe olives, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sharp American cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add garlic powder.
- Cut in 2 tablespoons shortening.
- Add 1/3 cup milk.
- Stir just until moistened.
- Knead dough on lightly floured surface 10 strokes.
- Roll to 10-inch circle; pat in bottom of greased 9 inch pie plate, building up 1/2 inch edge.
- Combine pizza sauce, oil, and Italian seasoning; spread on crust.
- Top with hot dogs, and 1/4 cup olives, sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes.