Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a great recipe for kids or those of us adults who just love corn dogs! I've had the recipe for years, should make some up and try freezing the leftovers. You will need some heavy duty skewers, or chopsticks for this.
- 2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- 2 egg yolks (slightly beaten)
- 8 -10 hot dogs
- vegetable oil (for frying) or shortening (for frying)
- Preheat fryer to 375°.
- Dry hot dogs with paper towels and put on stick, set aside.
- Combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt, and baking soda in a mixing bowl.
- Combine milk and egg yolk to dry ingredients, mix until smooth.
- Dip hot dog with batter and put in oil, spinning it slowly so it cooks evenly.
- Cook for 5 minutes or till brown.
My kids really enjoyed these. Thank you so much!
This was a fast and yummy dinner for the kids. They all loved them. Thank you for sharing.