Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
That's the only thing I know to call them! We used to go to a bagel shop in SC that had "bagel dogs", and they were amazing. We've since moved and this is my variation of the recipe. They are amazing for dinner or as a party appetizer!
- 1 (11 ounce) can refrigerated breadstick dough (Pillsbury)
- 6 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 6 tablespoons sauerkraut
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 hot dogs, sliced into small pieces
- flour, for dusting
- poppy seeds (optional) or sesame seeds (optional)
- Spray muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Saute onion slices in butter, set aside.
- Open breadsticks; you will use 2 breadsticks per muffin.
- Roll 2 breadsticks into a ball and then roll out flat (you may need flour to keep it from sticking).
- Pull and stretch the dough into a circle and press into and up the sides of the muffin pan.
- Fill first with 1 tablespoons yellow mustard.
- Then add hot dog pieces, about 4-6 small slices.
- Then add 1 tablespoons sauerkraut and top with about 1 tablespoons of the onions.
- Repeat until you've made all 6 muffins.
- Sprinkle lightly with poppy seeds or sesame seeds, if desired.
- Bake at 375°F for 10-12 minutes.