Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Super Easy and Kid Friendly. From Taste of Home.
- 4 hot dogs
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 4 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- Cut hot dogs in half lengthwise; cut into 1/2-in. slices. In a large skillet, brown hot dogs over medium-high heat. Reduce heat. Add onion and butter; cook until onion is tender. Stir in the macaroni, soup, water and mustard.
- Pour into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. x 2-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with bread crumbs. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 4 servings.
This was a real hit with the kids! It was very easy to put together since I always have all the ingredients on hand. I used a total of 8 hot dogs, added 2 cups of cheddar cheese that I grated and 2 tablespoons melted butter mixed into the bread crumbs for the topping. Just so I remember, two cups dry macaroni cooks up to equal four cups cooked. Thank you for posting this recipe as I will be making it again. Made this for *Zaar Cookbooks Tag* game 2008