Recipe by SilentCricket
These are great for a kid's party, a summer bbq, or as a holiday appetizer! They can be made in the microwave or on the grill! (Cook time is based on microwave cooking time; grilling time may vary).
Top Review by Linda B
I prepared these exactly as directed and cooked in microwave. They make an easy, tasty appetizer. I think I would like them even better grilled so that is how I will make them next time.
- 1 (13 ounce) can chunk pineapple, drained,reserve juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 6 hot dogs, cut into 36 pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine reserved pineapple juice, soy sauce, brown sugar and vinegar.
- Set aside.
- Arrange hot dog pieces and pineapple chunks on toothpicks (or skewers, if using broiler or grill).
- Place kebabs into microwaveable dish.
- Coat with sauce.
- Microwave on HIGH for 1 1/2 minutes.
- Cook an additional 1 1/2 minutes.
- If using grill or broiler, place skewers on rack over medium heat, baste with sauce while cooking.