Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a concoction I came up with while trying to find a different way to use hot dogs that was kid friendly.
- 16 ounces hot dogs (I buy them when they are on sale)
- 1⁄4 cup onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 quart diced tomato (I can my own but 2 16oz cans will do)
- 1 (26 ounce) jar pasta sauce (I buy in quality when on sale 10 for $10.00)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of tomato soup (on sale at $1.00 per can)
- 1 cup water
- 16 ounces pasta (I use medium shell macaroni on sale at 2 for $1.00)
- 1 dash pepper (I use fresh ground and don't add salt as the hot dogs are salty enough)
- cut hot dogs in 1/2 lengthwise then into 1/4" pieces.
- In 4qt pan brown hot dogs and onions in oil.
- add tomatoes, soup or tomato paste ,water, and pasta sauce. add pepper and garlic powder.
- Let simmer while macaroni is cooking.
- Cook macar4oni in separate pan, drain and add to sauce.
- Works well with ground beef ,fresh browned of course, leftover hamburger patties chopped fine, leftover meat loaf or meatballs broken up fine and even leftover cooked chicken or turkey.