This is a concoction I came up with while trying to find a different way to use hot dogs that was kid friendly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 ounces hot dogs (I buy them when they are on sale)
- 1/4 cup onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 quart diced tomato (I can my own but 2 16oz cans will do)
- 1 (26 ounce) jar pasta sauce (I buy in quality when on sale 10 for $10.00)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of tomato soup (on sale at $1.00 per can)
- 1 cup water
- 16 ounces pasta (I use medium shell macaroni on sale at 2 for $1.00)
- 1 dash pepper (I use fresh ground and don't add salt as the hot dogs are salty enough)
- 1cut hot dogs in 1/2 lengthwise then into 1/4" pieces.
- 2In 4qt pan brown hot dogs and onions in oil.
- 3add tomatoes, soup or tomato paste ,water, and pasta sauce. add pepper and garlic powder.
- 4Let simmer while macaroni is cooking.
- 5Cook macar4oni in separate pan, drain and add to sauce.
- 6Works well with ground beef ,fresh browned of course, leftover hamburger patties chopped fine, leftover meat loaf or meatballs broken up fine and even leftover cooked chicken or turkey.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Dog Goulash
Serving Size: 1 (393 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 752.3
- Calories from Fat 280
- Total Fat 31.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 44.2 mg
- Sodium 2287.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 94.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 21.7 g
- Protein 23.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: