Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
The thought of using hotdogs for fried rice may seem odd, but it is actually very good. Using Spam instead of hotdogs is also very good in this recipe.
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon freshly-ground pepper
- 3 cups cold cooked jasmine rice, fluffed
- 3⁄4 cup frozen peas and carrot, thawed
- 2 hot dogs, quartered lengthwise & sliced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- Place wok over high heat until hot. Add 2 tablespoons oil, swirling to coat sides. Add eggs, salt and pepper and lightly scramble. Remove scrambled eggs and set aside. Add sliced hot dogs and stir fry for 2 minutes. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Add rice; stir fry with hot dogs for 2 minutes.
- Add peas and carrots; stir to mix well. Add soy sauce ,green onions, and scrambled eggs; stir-fry until heated throughout, about 2-3 minutes.
DELICIOUS!!! This will be a staple in my house from now on!! Did not put in eggs, onions, and wouldn't next time either. Plates were licked clean by hubby, me and daughter!! Thanks for an awesome recipe!! :)
This recipe is REALLY good. Because of what I had on hand, I used normal chopped onion (instead of spring onion) and broccoli (instead of peas and carrots). I also used a different type of hot dog, called makkara here in Finland, but to an American like me it tastes exactly the same. Needless to say, it turned out incredibly and my husband and I ate it like it was our last meal! Delicious and incredibly easy, thanks so much for sharing :)
My husband LOVES fried rice, and this is a pretty good recipe. It doesn't quite taste like restaurant quality, but that's probably because it doesn't call for MSG. x] When it says cold rice, it says that for a reason. If you use warm rice it won't have that Fried Rice texture, it will be more moist and sticky. But still yummy. I even substituted canned chicken one night, and while it wasn't as good as the hotdogs, it was still good. One of my staple recipes!