Recipe by dannyboy22
The thought of using hotdogs for fried rice may seem odd, but it is actually very good. Using Spam instead of hotdogs is also very good in this recipe.
Top Review by Shaindeep
DELICIOUS!!! This will be a staple in my house from now on!! Did not put in eggs, onions, and wouldn't next time either. Plates were licked clean by hubby, me and daughter!! Thanks for an awesome recipe!! :)
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon freshly-ground pepper
- 3 cups cold cooked jasmine rice, fluffed
- 3⁄4 cup frozen peas and carrot, thawed
- 2 hot dogs, quartered lengthwise & sliced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Place wok over high heat until hot. Add 2 tablespoons oil, swirling to coat sides. Add eggs, salt and pepper and lightly scramble. Remove scrambled eggs and set aside. Add sliced hot dogs and stir fry for 2 minutes. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Add rice; stir fry with hot dogs for 2 minutes.
- Add peas and carrots; stir to mix well. Add soy sauce ,green onions, and scrambled eggs; stir-fry until heated throughout, about 2-3 minutes.