Recipe by Karen From Colorado
These cookies are the cutest ones I have ever seen and fun to make. Shaped like miniature hotdogs. 1 hour of prep times is chill time.
- 236.59 ml butter, softened
- 118.29 ml confectioners' sugar
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- red food coloring
- green food coloring
- 14.78 ml flaked coconut
- yellow decorator's frosting
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Beat in flour and vanilla.
- Remove 1 cup dough.
- Add red food coloring and knead until well mixed.
- Cover and chill remaining dough for 1 hour.
- For hot dogs, divide red dough into 16 portions.
- Shape into 2 1/2 inch hotdog shapes, rounding ends.
- Set aside.
- Divide plain dough into 16 portions.
- Shape into 3" bun shapes.
- Make a very deep length-wise groove in the center of each.
- Smooth edges to form buns.
- Place 3 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Place hotdogs in buns.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes or until edges are browned.
- Meanwhile, for pickle relish, place the coconut and some green food coloring into a plastic bag.
- Shake well to color the coconut.
- Sprinkle the relish around the hotdogs in the buns.
- For mustard, pipe a curvy stripe of yellow frosting down the middle of each hotdog.