1/5 Photos of Hot Dog Cookies with Relish and Mustard
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Karen From Colorado's Note:
These cookies are the cutest ones I have ever seen and fun to make. Shaped like miniature hotdogs. 1 hour of prep times is chill time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream butter and sugar together.
- 2Beat in flour and vanilla.
- 3Remove 1 cup dough.
- 4Add red food coloring and knead until well mixed.
- 5Cover and chill remaining dough for 1 hour.
- 6For hot dogs, divide red dough into 16 portions.
- 7Shape into 2 1/2 inch hotdog shapes, rounding ends.
- 8Set aside.
- 9Divide plain dough into 16 portions.
- 10Shape into 3" bun shapes.
- 11Make a very deep length-wise groove in the center of each.
- 12Smooth edges to form buns.
- 13Place 3 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- 14Place hotdogs in buns.
- 15Bake at 350 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes or until edges are browned.
- 17Meanwhile, for pickle relish, place the coconut and some green food coloring into a plastic bag.
- 18Shake well to color the coconut.
- 19Sprinkle the relish around the hotdogs in the buns.
- 20For mustard, pipe a curvy stripe of yellow frosting down the middle of each hotdog.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Dog Cookies with Relish and Mustard
Serving Size: 1 (548 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 175.4
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 102.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 1.7 g