1/1 Photo of Hot Dog Chili- Southern Style
1 hr 10 mins
Condiment- finer than regular chili. This came from sorta watching things when I was young, and in the South, every Sunday was relative get togethers at my Maw Maws house, which was next door. Ahh, what fond laid back memories! I kept playing around with what I remembered (she didn't use a glove) and came up with this concoction.And , please, don't forget the coleslaw and onions to go on your dogs!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Take out ground chuck 30 minutes ahead of time (this warms it up for your hand) Using gloved hand,squish in 1st 8 ingredients until you can no longer see tomato juice.
- 2Start cooking on med to med high,stirring, watching till it starts cooking and turn down to simmer, stirring occasionally.
- 3Simmer about 30 minutes to 1 hour,or longer, You really can't over cook.
- 4Add ketchup,a few squirts at a time for color and flavor.
- 5Stir thru, adjust any seasoning you feel fit.
- 6You can freeze in muffin tins, after frozen, set out a minute or so, then pop them out to keep frozen in bags.
- 7Reheats quickly in microwave.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Dog Chili- Southern Style
Serving Size: 1 (2281 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1199.2
- Calories from Fat 704
- Total Fat 78.2 g
- Saturated Fat 31.0 g
- Cholesterol 312.9 mg
- Sodium 5397.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 30.7 g
- Protein 84.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: