Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Condiment- finer than regular chili. This came from sorta watching things when I was young, and in the South, every Sunday was relative get togethers at my Maw Maws house, which was next door. Ahh, what fond laid back memories! I kept playing around with what I remembered (she didn't use a glove) and came up with this concoction.And , please, don't forget the coleslaw and onions to go on your dogs!!!
- Take out ground chuck 30 minutes ahead of time (this warms it up for your hand) Using gloved hand,squish in 1st 8 ingredients until you can no longer see tomato juice.
- Start cooking on med to med high,stirring, watching till it starts cooking and turn down to simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Simmer about 30 minutes to 1 hour,or longer, You really can't over cook.
- Add ketchup,a few squirts at a time for color and flavor.
- Stir thru, adjust any seasoning you feel fit.
- You can freeze in muffin tins, after frozen, set out a minute or so, then pop them out to keep frozen in bags.
- Reheats quickly in microwave.
EXCELLENT! I added a can of petit diced tomatoes. Just can't beat chili as a condiment on a hot dog! Just goes together like peanut butter and jelly does. It is best to use lean beef. Prepared as a participant in the Southern, Cajun, Creole Sept 2009 Tag Event in the Cooking Photo Forum.
I've ate this chili all my life. :) and its the best EVER. Love you mom.
Awesome!!! Just what I have been looking for!!!!