Recipe by Chef Shadows
Want a good chili dog? This chili topping is perfect for hot dogs because of its even texture and delicious flavor. This is one chili that sticks to the bun. For the dogs we either cook over low coals on the grill or braise in beer, onion, garlic and hot pepper flakes.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 pint canned tomato with juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef in a large pot.
- Add onions and cook until the onions turn translucent.
- Add remaining ingredients, stir and simmer on low for several hours.
- You can prepare this in a slow cooker and let it all day.
- Stir occasionally.
- The texture of the chili should be fairly smooth and even to put on hot dogs.