Recipe by Jessica Costello
A really fattening casserole that goes great with Monday night football or race day. My husband and his buddies seem to love it. Don't give it to anyone with a heart condition!
Top Review by TUMaggieMay
Well, I made this just as directed, but it's just inedible. The flavor is just gross. I'm not much of a hot dog fan and was looking for another way to prepare them. Even the hot dog lovers in my house couldn't eat this. Sorry.
- 1 (1 lb) package hot dog
- 1 large white onion (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans tomato soup
- 1 (12 ounce) bag egg noodles
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in large pot.
- Add onions and sauté for about 1 minute on medium heat.
- Add chopped hot dogs and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add 2 cans of tomato soup and of milk.
- Add egg noodles and mix well.
- Cover and let simmer until egg noodles are tender.
- Add cheddar cheese and cover and let cheese melt.
- Salt and pepper to taste.