Recipe by Noodle lovin' flool
As weird as this dish sounds it was a family favorite growing up. I came from a large family with 8 kids, so cheap meals was a must. There have been times if I get things on sale and with the use of coupons have been able to fix this dish for $1. Also instead of pouring the soup mixture over everything I like to mix all of the ingredients in a bowl and then pour it in a greased casserole dish. I just like everything to get evenly coated.
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 quarts water
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 lb hot dog, quartered (or smaller for little kids)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can tomato soup
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rice in salted boiling water until tender; drain reserving 1 cup liquid.
- Lightly brown onion and celery in margerine.
- Place rice, onion, celery, parsley and hot dogs in greased 2qt. casserole dish.
- Mix reserved liquid and soup; pour over casserole.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minute.