Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I tweaked my bread recipe to make these. I've made them with success more than without (once or twice they fell afterwards). I think it was because I undercooked them a bit, and then didn't really realize it until after they were cooling on the rack. They are yeast free as my yeast was dead and I wanted a good bun, and it worked fine without. I'm sure they'd make great rolls, too! I often add in some garlic powder and Italian seasoning, and serve with meatball subs or italian sausage.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Mix together the dry ingredients.
- Mix together the wet ingredients.
- Combine the wet with dry.
- Grease a cookie sheet, then shape dough into hotdog bun shapes if it's sticky, wet a spatula and your hands a bit to form them.
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes, until they start to brown.
These are amazing! After discovering freefrom hotdog sausages in the supermarket, I needed buns. However gluten/yeast free leaves a heavy and tasteless bread. Thought I'd give them a try and am delighted. They were light and very tasty, allowing me to enjoy hotdogs for the first time in years! Instead of separate dry ingredients, I used 360ml Doves G.free self raising flour, Flax/pumpkin/goji berry mix, baking powder, and Orgran No Egg. yum!