We made these all the time when I was a kiddo because it's easy and fun for kids to make and super fast. My mom liked it because it was a good use for leftover mashed potatoes (you can also use instant potatoes). I know it sounds like a totally weird recipe, but it is fantastic!
- Slice hot dogs length-wise but only half-way through so that they open up like a book.
- Fill open end with the potatoes - distribute evenly among the 5 hot dogs.
- Sprinkle tops evenly with cheese.
- Microwave for 1 minute or until wieners are hot and cheese is melted.
- That's it! Enjoy! I like it with mac and cheese as a side item.
I love these! I am finally glad to have something other than 'that mashed potatoes, cheese and hot dog thing I make'. My aunt introduced me to these probably 40 years ago and I have loved them ever since. Everyone should try them.
Quick and yummy. I had these when I was a kid, and now my grandkids love them too. Thanks for sharing. Made for Zaar Alphabet Chef Soup Tag.
I had this for the first time while in the hospital after my second child was born in 1962. I immediately knew it was a winner for the little ones. I fed it to her and all the others who came after. Now we are introducing it to the little greats who are coming along. They all love it now even after all Thanks for the memories... Gramalane