1/3 Photos of Hot Dog Boats - 3 Ingredients - Fun for Kids to Make!
We made these all the time when I was a kiddo because it's easy and fun for kids to make and super fast. My mom liked it because it was a good use for leftover mashed potatoes (you can also use instant potatoes). I know it sounds like a totally weird recipe, but it is fantastic!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice hot dogs length-wise but only half-way through so that they open up like a book.
- 2Fill open end with the potatoes - distribute evenly among the 5 hot dogs.
- 3Sprinkle tops evenly with cheese.
- 4Microwave for 1 minute or until wieners are hot and cheese is melted.
- 5That's it! Enjoy! I like it with mac and cheese as a side item.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Dog Boats - 3 Ingredients - Fun for Kids to Make!
Serving Size: 1 (92 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 206.1
- Calories from Fat 138
- Total Fat 15.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 30.6 mg
- Sodium 674.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 7.2 g