Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A casserole that my kids love! And its so easy.
Make and share this Hot Dog Beans and Rice Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (8 ounce) can great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 10 beef hot dogs, cut into 1/4 inch thick slices
- 2 1⁄2 cups instant rice, cooked following package directions
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons dark molasses
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9 x 13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Heat oil in pan over medium high heat until hot. Add onion, pepper and garlic; cook and stir 2 minutes or until onion is tender. Add beans, hot dogs, cooked rice, broth, ketchup, sugar, molasses and mustard to vegetables; stir to combine. Pour into prepared dish. Cover tightly with foil and bake 30 minutes.