1/2 Photos of Hot Dog Bean Soup
Chef shapeweaver �'s Note:
I found this recipe in the 2009 editon of Taste of Home Quick Cooking Annual Recipes. It was sent in to them by Mary Ann Kime of Sturgis, Michigan. After she mixed everything together she warmed the soup in the microwave. Since I didn't want to dirty up alot of dishes, I just decided to heat everything on the stove top. If you want to follow the exact recipe, and have that particular cookbook the recipe is on page 101.Serve with crackers or even a grilled cheese. Submitted to " ZAAR " on February 4th, 2010.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 hot dogs, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/4 inch pieces (I used the jumbo dogs )
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 (16 ounce) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) can condensed bean with bacon soup, undiluted
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1In a large sauce pan,cook the hot dogs in oil over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until browned.
- 2Add rest of ingredients to hot dogs and stir well.
- 3Cook and stir for about 15 minutes or until heated through.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Dog Bean Soup
Serving Size: 1 (315 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 350.4
- Calories from Fat 151
- Total Fat 16.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 26.3 mg
- Sodium 1450.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.8 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 16.3 g