I found this recipe in the 2009 editon of Taste of Home Quick Cooking Annual Recipes. It was sent in to them by Mary Ann Kime of Sturgis, Michigan. After she mixed everything together she warmed the soup in the microwave. Since I didn't want to dirty up alot of dishes, I just decided to heat everything on the stove top. If you want to follow the exact recipe, and have that particular cookbook the recipe is on page 101.Serve with crackers or even a grilled cheese. Submitted to " ZAAR " on February 4th, 2010.
- 4 hot dogs, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/4 inch pieces (I used the jumbo dogs )
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 (16 ounce) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) can condensed bean with bacon soup, undiluted
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper (to taste)
- In a large sauce pan,cook the hot dogs in oil over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until browned.
- Add rest of ingredients to hot dogs and stir well.
- Cook and stir for about 15 minutes or until heated through.
I lost this receipe and have found it again. It is delicious simple and easy and my husband loves it
This is pure beautiful lazy comfort at its best! :) This was super simple and great use of left over sausage links (which is what I used instead of hot dogs). I also ended up with white beans instead of the kidney. I made it up and took it to work for a couple of days! Great super simple recipe! Thanks! Emily