Recipe by Oolala
This is a weird sounding one that the kids might like. I haven't made it yet. I got it out of a fundraiser cookbook. These can be made ahead of time and then can be heated later.
Top Review by dolliegyrl
My kids loved these! I just substituted soy hot dogs for the meat ones. Very easy and quick to make too. They smell delicious when they bake! These are great for school lunches or "fast food" lunches in the car that you don't want a mess made and does not need utensils! Thanks for sharing!
- 1⁄3 cup refried beans
- 1 1⁄4 cups beef hot dogs, cooked and chopped (about 4 1/2 dogs)
- 2⁄3 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 (8 ounce) packages crescent roll dough (Pillsbury)
- garlic powder, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the beans, dogs, cheese and garlic together in a bowl.
- Use 1 whole package of the crescent rolls and 1/3 of the second package.
- To make the "balls", flatten 2 triangles to make a rectangle (press the perferations together) and then press the rectangle into a muffin tin.
- Fill the dough cup about 1/3 of the way and then fold the 3 corners of the dough over the top.
- Fold the 4th corner completely over the top to seal it.
- Bake these at 375 for 20 minutes or until golden brown. If it browns too fast, cover with foil so that they continue to heat up.
- Serve warm.