Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Using several recipes I created this casserole. It melds a lot of different flavors.
Make and share this Hot Dog and BBQ Bean Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (16 ounce) package all beef wieners, chopped to preferred size (rounds or half rounds)
- 2 cups cooked macaroni (any type)
- 2 cups shredded Velveeta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 (16 ounce) canof bbq baked beans
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups 2% low-fat milk
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Prepare macaroni as directed, using ham stock instead of water.
- Melt 2 tbsp of butter in a skillet.
- Add diced onion and caramelize.
- Add chili powder.
- Add chopped hot dogs.
- Fry until hot dogs are cooked through.
- Combine macaroni, velvetta, hot dog mixture (drained), beans, and garlic.
- Pour in a 9X13 pan that is well greased (I use Pam).
- Melt remaining butter in a saucepan.
- Whisk flour into saucepan until it mixed well with the butter.
- Remove from heat.
- Add milk slowing, whisking well to avoid clumping.
- Return mixture to heat, flavor with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, continuing to whisk.
- As soon as it comes to a boil, remove from heat and pour evenly over the macaroni mixture.
- Top with cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes until cheese at the top is bubbly.