Recipe by LizCl
Great, easy one dish meal.
Top Review by ChefDLH
Thanks for posting LizCl. This was a crowd pleaser. Made as written with the optional things and cannot imagine them without the optional items. Delicious. Kids loved it. The sauce is sweet and the biscuits make it a meal. Use high quality hotdogs. Served with salad. Great weeknight meal. Made for Bargain basement tag Jan/Feb 2012
- 14.79 ml butter
- 118.29 ml onion, chopped
- 177.44 ml green pepper, chopped
- 453.59 g hot dog, sliced
- 453.59 g can pork and beans
- 78.07 ml chili sauce
- 78.07 ml catsup
- 22.18 ml brown sugar (optional)
- 226.79 g can biscuits
- 177.44 ml cheddar cheese, shredded (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook onion and green pepper in 1 tablespoons butter.
- Stir in hot dogs, beans, chili sauce and catsup.
- For a sweeter flavor, add brown sugar.
- Simmer 2 minutes.
- Spoon hot mixture into an ungreased 9 inch square pan or 12 X 8 pan.
- Separate biscuit dough into 10 biscuits;.
- Arrange 10 biscuits over hot meat mixture;.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until biscuits are golden.