Recipe by Rebecca2sweet
My grandma has fed this to me since before I could say yumm. It's a really cheap and easy casserole to make, and very tasty.
Top Review by Anara
Didn't go over very well with my boyfriend. He didn't like the corn or the onions in it. I thought it was 'ok'. Would I make it again? Probably not, but it's a great idea when you need to do something new with burger.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 large red onion, chopped
- 1 cup dry elbow macaroni
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen corn (approximately)
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry hamburger, celery and onion together until celery and onion are soft.
- About 10 minutes.
- (If you prefer seasoned beef, season now.) Drain and set aside.
- While frying hamburger, boil the pasta according to the instructions on the package.
- Drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the hamburger mix, pasta, frozen corn, tomato soup, and tomato sauce.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Scoop the mixture into a casserole dish and bake covered for 1 hour at 350 degrees.
- Variations: Top with cheese or crushed potato chips, add more onion, add cut green beans or peas.
- Instead of using tomato soup, you can mix 1 can tomato paste with 1 can tomato sauce, then add milk and sugar to taste.