Recipe by That70'sgirl
Homemade dinner rolls that will leave your whole house smelling wonderful, and your tummy happy.
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package yeast
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups warm water
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 4 cups plain flour (for wheat rolls, use 1/2 white flour & 1/2 wheat flour)
- melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl. Heat water and oil to 140 degrees. Pour into electric mixer bowl. Add 1/3 dry ingredients to liquid. Mix for 2 minutes on medium. Add eggs, one at a time. Mix well.
- 1/2 cup at a time, add remaining dry ingredients, mixing well after each addition. When all is mixed, cover with saran wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Next morning, divide into 3 or 4 parts. Roll out like pie crust (round). Cut each circle into eight sections, like pieces of pie. Start at wide edge and roll towards point for cresents. Brush with melted butter. Let rise (About 6 hrs) Bake at 375 degrees, 10-12 minutes.
- **You can mix this in the morning, let rise, punch it down, roll into cresents and let rise again. Bake for dinner.
- It takes about 15 minutes to mix up.