Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
A perfect starchy accompaniment to poultry or beef ... my mom used to serve this at outdoor summertime parties. We always use small red potatoes because they are prettier - but really any boiling potato will do!
- 12-16 small red potatoes, scrubbed and skin left on
- 29.58 ml butter
- 29.58 ml flour
- 236.59 ml milk
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 2.46 ml dill weed
- In large pot of boiling water, cook potatoes whole until just tender. Test with a fork after 15 minutes. Fork should slide in with little resistance. Do not overcook!
- When potatoes are done, place in oven-proof casserole dish.
- Melt butter in saucepan. Add flour and stir in milk. Over medium heat, cook until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Pour sauce over potatoes and bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Made this for New Kids on the Block Tag Game. Delicious! I followed the recipe only cutting it in half. Thank you,