Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
To your Health! For those of you feeling a cold coming on. This tea is to help sweat out a cold. Sweating procedure Drink a cup or more of hot diaphoretic herbal tea, take a bath or hot shower then drink more tea,then cover in blankets and sweat. Avoid sweets,salty foods,dairy,eggs,and other mucus forming foods. Drink a 1/2 cup tea 2-4 times a day between meals. At times I throw a lemon cut in half in while simmering.
- fresh gingerroot, 1/4 inch
- 1⁄4 cup dried chamomile
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 tablespoon dried licorice root
- lemon juice
- raw honey
- red cayenne pepper, to taste if you can handle it. one of the hi c
- In a glass,ceramic,or enamel-coated pot place first 6 ingredients.
- Also if you want to add the pepper.
- Cover with 2 quarts water bring to a boil then simmer covered for 30 minutes.
- Strain as you pour each cup leaving the herbs roots and seeds to give off all they can.
- As I have the tea I replace water to the pot bring to boil then shut off keeping covered.
- Season to taste with lemon juice and honey.
- Sit back inhale the steam while you drink the tea.
- Hope you`re feeling better!
Rita, this works a treat. I made one half batch and drank it over a day. I also had the bath. Unfortunately I ran out of parsley then and couldn't make anymore. I had to use jarred ginger because I didn't have fresh, but threw half a lemon in the water. I also used tarragon for the aniseed. It needs about a soupspoon of honey to make it taste okay, but really it is so good for you, so just drink it!
I just love licorice tea, plus mint, chamomile and ginger, so this was just wonderful! I love a little lime and honey in it! Thanks! Made for Photo tag.