To your Health! For those of you feeling a cold coming on. This tea is to help sweat out a cold. Sweating procedure Drink a cup or more of hot diaphoretic herbal tea, take a bath or hot shower then drink more tea,then cover in blankets and sweat. Avoid sweets,salty foods,dairy,eggs,and other mucus forming foods. Drink a 1/2 cup tea 2-4 times a day between meals. At times I throw a lemon cut in half in while simmering.
- In a glass,ceramic,or enamel-coated pot place first 6 ingredients.
- Also if you want to add the pepper.
- Cover with 2 quarts water bring to a boil then simmer covered for 30 minutes.
- Strain as you pour each cup leaving the herbs roots and seeds to give off all they can.
- As I have the tea I replace water to the pot bring to boil then shut off keeping covered.
- Season to taste with lemon juice and honey.
- Sit back inhale the steam while you drink the tea.
- Hope you`re feeling better!