Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 hrs
A great Texas pleaser for a cool fall day
- 2 (27 ounce) cansbush texas chili beans
- 2 (28 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 lb lean ground beef, browned and drained
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 (8 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 medium chopped yellow onion
- 1⁄4 cup picante sauce
- Combine all ingredients and place in crock pot.
- Cook on low in crock pot for 4.
- 5 to 5 hours.
I enjoyed making this chili in my crockpot however it had too much tomato taste to it for our taste buds. So, I got some great tips from some Chefs here and sauteed an onion with garlic and bacon, added that and more chili powder with some hot sauce too.
great tasting chilli! frank gould