Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This one is so simple to make, I usually double the recipe. It's great at parties as a finger food.
- 1 (8 ounce) package pitted dates
- 1 (15 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 (12 ounce) package bacon, slices cut in thirds
- Preheat the broiler and set a rack 6 inches from the heat source.
- Place a pineapple chunk in each date. Wrap a half slice of bacon around each stuffed date and secure with toothpick.
- Broil 6 inches from heat source, turning occasionally, until bacon is crisp on all sides. Drain on paper towels. Serve warm.
I had all 3 ingredients left over from other dishes during the holidays & this is the recipe that popped up in my search to use them -- perfect! At first the family was a bit skeptical & didn't understand what I was making, but at the end of the night most of these were all gone! Tasty way to finish my leftover ingredients. The bacon added some nice saltiness to cut against the sweetness of the fruits. Thanks for posting!