Recipe by Sharon123
Not one but three deep-chocolate versions of your favorite wintertime sip. You can easily double or triple this recipe to serve a crowd. Adapted from Delish magazine.
Top Review by Annacia
Sharon, you have a marvelous mocha-cocoa here. Made it with Hershey Special Dark chocolate bar and 50/50 skim milk & fat free coffee creamer. Simple to make, it only takes a few mins and delivers a cup that you want to savor slowly to make it last.
- 1 quart milk (may use soy, almond, cow, rice milk)
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 ounces dark chocolate, finely chopped (or semi sweet chocolate)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- In 2-quart saucepan, heat milk to simmering over medium heat.
- With wire whisk, stir in cocoa, sugar, chocolate, and vanilla. Heat mixture 3 minutes or until chocolate melts, stirring occasionally.
- Pour into warm mugs to serve.
- Mexican Hot Chocolate:
- Prepare Hot Dark Chocolate as above, but add 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches long) to milk in step 1.
- Coffee-Spiked Hot Chocolate:.
- Prepare Hot Dark Chocolate as above, but stir 1/4 cup strong coffee(I use decaf) into chocolate mixture just before serving.