Prep 2 mins
Cook 24 hrs
I live in a dorm where cooking is a daunting task; the space is very limited and the stove burns your eyebrow one day and ignoring me the next. This is the perfect and the most delicious dip I've ever encounter. There is no cooking and no dicing involved whatsoever. Just mix all the ingredients a few days in advance and buy some chips the day I serve it. Essentially if you know how to hold a spoon, you can make this; which makes this the perfect recipe for alot of friends of mine. The only problem I have is that my roomates can never wait one day for this to set; usually one third of it is gone the next morning.
- 1 pint mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons chili sauce (I often add more)
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 24 hours, allowing the flavors to blend together.
- (This dip will keep refrigerated for 2 to 3 weeks; as if it'd last that long:0) Present with an assortment of lightly blanched and raw vegetables.
I love curry and I love garlic so I had to try this. It is excellent and I have added it to my list of favourite dips. I can see why Connie's roommates have a hard time resisting it! I used fresh minced garlic and fresh grated onions since I didn't have any powdered. Just rememebered I also used half light sour cream and half light mayonnaise. Fast, easy, delicious and low fat! Hope you all try it!
I thought the flavor was to overwhelming so I added a cup of sour cream. It helped and it was okay after that.
Yup, this dip lends itself to just about anything from crackers to veggies. Keeps well, good sandwich spread also.