Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 mins
This is a similar recipe to one that my grandmother used to make when I was very young. Never have been able to duplicate it exactly, though. Perhaps it just tasted different coming from her kitchen. This rendition comes in a close second.
- 1 (6 ounce) can albacore tuna, drained
- 1⁄4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 English muffins, split, toasted, buttered
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven's broiler.
- In medium bowl, stir together the tuna, celery, green onion, mayonnaise, lemon juice and curry powder.
- Spoon equal amounts onto each English muffin half, and top with a slice of cheese.
- Place muffins on a baking sheet.
- Broil for 2 - 3 minutes, or until cheese is melted and toasty.
- Serve hot.
- Team with a geen salad and a piece of fruit for a complete meal.
I'm a big fan of tuna salad.This was very good. I used two slices of whole grain bread and topped the tuna salad with a half slice of horesradish cheddar cheese on each piece of bread. I popped them in the toaster oven and a minute or two later.... voila,lunch.