Candy C's Note:
Fabulous way to serve fruit that tastes almost like dessert. It is wonderful served with ham or pork - or even over vanilla ice cream! You can substitute other fruit to your taste but the cherries and bananas should always be used.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 ounce) can apricot halves
- 1 (16 ounce) can sliced peaches
- 1 (16 ounce) can sliced pears
- 1 1/2 cups sliced bananas
- 1 (17 ounce) jar of dark pitted cherries
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup brandy or 1/4 cup sherry wine
- 1Drain all fruits and placed them in a 2 qt.
- 2buttered baking dish.
- 3Combine cornstarch, curry powder, cinnamon, and sugar in small bowl.
- 4Sprinkle the sugar mixture over fruit.
- 5Combine melted butter and brandy and pour over fruit.
- 6Gently toss to coat all the fruit.
- 7Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Fruit Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Curried Fruit
Serving Size: 1 (188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 300.1
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 24.4 mg
- Sodium 89.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 41.9 g
- Protein 1.7 g