Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My friend Liza, who works for my parent company, just emailed me this recipe. Liza likes to surf Zaar for recipes, but hasn't joined as a member yet. She's letting me post her recipe (which sounds really yummy). Hopefully, she'll post some of her own soon!
- As per the recipe: Peel and slice the cucumbers.
- Melt the butter/marg in large saucepan and saute the onion until transparent.
- Stir in the flour.
- Add the stock and bring to a boil.
- Add the sliced cucumber and cook until tender.
- Puree in electric blender.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and stir in lemon juice.
- Just before serving, mix in the cream.
- What Liza does: I use alot more cucumbers, maybe+- 800/900g and add a touch more water to the stock amount.
- I use more onions, approx.
- 2 med-large.
- Don't use more lemon juice as it changes the taste of the soup.
- Once the soup is cooked (ie. the cucumbers are tender), puree the soup: and options: can either leave the soup as it is; or put in one tub of sour cream; or don't put sour cream in the pot and only serve with sour cream as garnish.
- It's yummy.