1/1 Photo of Hot Cross Muffins Gluten Free
Victoria Throp for Coeliac Awareness week in Australia.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 300 g gluten-free flour or 300 g rice flour (1½ cups)
- 1 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 50 g sugar (¼ cup)
- 125 ml canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce (baby works well)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons chopped mixed peel
- 2 tablespoons diced dried apricots or 2 tablespoons dried peaches
- 2 tablespoons currants or 2 tablespoons sultanas
- 2 tablespoons diced glace fruit (peach, apple, pear, pineapple)
- 1Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- 2In a medium mixing bowl combine rice flour mix, baking powder, bicarb soda, salt, mixed spice, xanthan gum and sugar.
- 3Add canola oil, eggs, applesauce and vanilla, stirring just until combined.
- 4Lightly fold in peel, currants or sultanas and chopped fruit.
- 5Spoon into 12-hole muffin pan either greased or lined with muffin papers.
- 6Bake for 20-25 minutes or until starting to brown and are firm to the touch when pressed.
- 7Makes 10 to 12 muffins.
- 8Note: * GlutenFree Flour Mix- in a container with a lid, combine 2 cups white rice flour, 2/3 cup potato flour and 1/3 cup arrowroot.
- 9This quantity makes 3 cups.
- 10Note: ** or use ½ teaspoon cinnamon, ¼ teaspoon nutmeg or mace and 1/8 teaspoon cloves.
- 11Notes: Xanthan gum can be purchased from the health food section of selected supermarkets and many health food stores.
- 12Xanthan gum stops crumbling in baked goods.
- 13Disposable foil muffin liners work better than paper ones.
- 14Arrowroot can be purchased from any supermarket.
- 15Potato flour can be purchased from the health food section of selected supermarkets and health food stores.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Cross Muffins Gluten Free
Serving Size: 1 (544 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 149.7
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 37.2 mg
- Sodium 194.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 1.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
gluten free baking powder