2 hrs 12 mins
I love making these rolls every Lent. Don't be put off by the preparation time-it takes 90 minutes for the dough to raise! The cranberries make a delicious difference! Try them-I guarantee you'll love them!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 887.21-1005.50 ml all-purpose flour
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 7.08 g package active dry yeast
- 177.44 ml milk
- 118.29 ml butter or 118.29 ml margarine, cut up
- 3 eggs
- 236.59 ml dried sweetened cranberries
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 1Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, sugar, salt, cinnamon and yeast in a large mixing bowl; mix well.
- 2Combine 3/4 cup milk and butter in a small saucepan; cook over medium heat until very warm (120 to 130°F.). Add warm liquid and eggs to flour mixture; mix on low speed until blended. Beat on medium speed for 3 minutes. Stir in 2 1/4 to 2 3/4 cups additional flour by hand until dough forms and pulls away from side of bowl. Stir in cranberries.
- 3Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface. Knead dough for 5 to 6 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Place dough in a lightly oiled bowl and roll it around to coat. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, 50 to 60 minutes.
- 4Lightly grease a large cookie sheet. Punch down dough; divide into 24 equal pieces. Shape each piece into a smooth ball; place 1 1/2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheet. With scissors, snip a cross in top of each roll. Cover; let rise until doubled in size, 20 to 30 minutes.
- 5Heat oven to 375°F Brush rolls with egg white.
- 6Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until rolls are golden brown. Cool slightly. Combine glaze ingredients in a small mixing bowl, adding enough milk for desired consistency. Using a decorating bag or spoon make a cross on top of each roll with glaze.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Cross Buns With Dried Cranberries
Serving Size: 1 (1236 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 159.3
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 37.7 mg
- Sodium 91.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 3.3 g