Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Something a little different to serve over the Easter holidays. I used choc chip hot cross buns, and these were delicious. Youghurt is optional, I used whipped light cream.
- 375 g strawberries, hulled, halved
- 29.58 ml brown sugar
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 3 hot cross buns, sliced crossways into thirds
- 59.14 ml nutella
- 118.29 ml reduced-fat vanilla yogurt, to serve (optional)
- Preheat oven to 230°C
- Line a small roasting pan with baking paper and add
- strawberries to the pan. Sprinkle strawberries with sugar and cinnamon and toss to coat.
- Roast strawberries for 10 minutes until strawberries collapse a little and a syrup forms.
- While strawberries are towards the end of cooking, toast the bun slices in toaster or under a grill. Spread 1 side of each slice with Nutella.
- Place 2 bun slices on each serving plate.
- Spoon strawberries and syrup over bun. Top with a dollop of yoghurt and serve.
I love hot cross buns and was really happy to find a recipe using them. I made these exactly as written, using the option of light whipped cream, instead of yogurt, as a topping. Also, we'd never tasted Nutella before and found it to be a delicious spread both in this recipe and on other breads as well. The roasted strawberries were awesome -- and gave a terrific flavor to the buns. Will definitely make again, although I'll have to use regular buns until I can get hot cross buns again next Easter. Thanks for posting!