1/1 Photo of Hot Cross Buns
Rhodes Bake-N-Serv's Note:
These delicious Hot Cross Buns are the perfect addition to your Easter Meal. Video Instructions: http://www.rhodesbread.com/recipes/view/2395
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 18 rhodes frozen dinner rolls, thawed to room temperature
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries or 3/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- flour, if necessary
- 1Combine rolls and press or roll to flatten.
- 2Combine sugar and spices in a bowl.
- 3Sprinkle flattened dough with 1/3 of the sugar mixture and 1/3 of the cranberries or raisins.
- 4Fold dough over on itself and flatten again.
- 5Repeat the sugar and cranberries process and fold over again.
- 6Repeat one more time.
- 7Knead the dough as necessary to completely incorporate the added ingredients.
- 8If dough becomes too sticky, sprinkle lightly with flour.
- 9Shape into a log and cut into 12 equal pieces.
- 10Shape each piece into a ball and place on a sprayed baking sheet.
- 11Cover with sprayed plastic wrap and let rise until almost double in size.
- 12Remove wrap and bake at 350°F 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- 13Let cool.
- 14Mix ingredients for frosting and frost rolls.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Cross Buns
Serving Size: 1 (155 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 472.8
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 5.3 mg
- Sodium 692.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 85.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 24.6 g
- Protein 14.1 g