Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
These delicious Hot Cross Buns are the perfect addition to your Easter Meal. Video Instructions: http://www.rhodesbread.com/recipes/view/2395
- 18 rhodes frozen dinner rolls, thawed to room temperature
- 3⁄4 cup dried cranberries or 3⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- flour, if necessary
- 1 1⁄3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 -2 tablespoon milk
- Combine rolls and press or roll to flatten.
- Combine sugar and spices in a bowl.
- Sprinkle flattened dough with 1/3 of the sugar mixture and 1/3 of the cranberries or raisins.
- Fold dough over on itself and flatten again.
- Repeat the sugar and cranberries process and fold over again.
- Repeat one more time.
- Knead the dough as necessary to completely incorporate the added ingredients.
- If dough becomes too sticky, sprinkle lightly with flour.
- Shape into a log and cut into 12 equal pieces.
- Shape each piece into a ball and place on a sprayed baking sheet.
- Cover with sprayed plastic wrap and let rise until almost double in size.
- Remove wrap and bake at 350°F 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool.
- Mix ingredients for frosting and frost rolls.