Think Mardi Gras! ...or Super Bowl... From Southern Living. Best made same day.
Make and share this Hot Crawfish Dip recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 bunch green onion, sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1 small green bell pepper, diced
- 1 lb peeled crawfish tail, cooked peeled, thawed and undrained
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (4 ounce) jar diced pimentos, drained
- 2 teaspoons creole seasoning
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- French baguette, slices
- thin sliced green onion
- chopped flat leaf parsley
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat; add green onions and bell pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, 8 minutes or until bell pepper is tender.
- Stir in crawfish and next 3 ingredients; cook, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Stir in cream cheese until mixture is smooth and bubbly.
- Garnish with green onion slices or chopped parsley.
- Serve with toasted French bread slices.